As you are aware, it is nearly impossible and cost prohibitive to monitor East-West network traffic in traditional networking and virtualization environments. Additionally, management tools were never designed to address the complexity or virtualized aspects of today’s networks. This, among many other reasons, has IT turning to VMware NSX.
Transforming operations across virtual, physical, and cloud networks.
VMware NSX creates a software network overlay that enables flexible, scalable networks as well as micro-segmentation - firewall - level security for total control over traffic between servers. But while NSX has revolutionized network security and operations, in order to optimize performance and minimize security risks, one needs a user-friendly tool to help regulate and fine-tune VMware NSX.
Improved NSX planning and deployments with vRNI
VMware vRealize® Network InsightTM (vRNI) delivers intelligent operations for SDNs and network security to help your IT departments maximize their NSX investments. With the implementation of vRNI, you get improved planning, deployment, and compliance, plus micro-segmentation recommendations for improved security results.
Key benefits include:
- Security group and Distributed Firewall rule modeling
- All-inclusive net flow assessment and analysis to model security groups and firewall rules with historical change tracking
- East-West traffic analysis for security and micro-segmentation design
- Continuously monitored and audited compliance postures over time
- 360-degree visibility of virtual and physical networks
- Virtual and physical network topology mapping
- Performance optimization across overlay and underlay networks
- Log Analytics with vRealize Log Insight for NSX, included with all NSX licenses
- Best practices for NSX error detection and troubleshooting
- Natural language search and intuitive UI help IT teams quickly pinpoint and troubleshoot issues and conform to best practice guidelines
- Analytics logged for troubleshooting
- Detects configuration errors in mismatch segment ID, IPset definitions, etc.
vRNI ensures the health and availability of your NSX deployments, giving confidence that your data center is protected on every level and running smoothly. It allows your organization to optimize network performance and availability with visibility and analytics across both virtual and physical networks and in short – simplifies your NSX operations.
Using vRNI, Clearpath can help remove the guesswork from micro-segmentation deployments with a global net flow assessment. Get the operational insights needed to quickly and confidentially manage and scale your NSX deployment with vRealize Network Insight, contact us today to schedule a discussion.
Check out more posts in our VMware NSX series, listed below:
- Cisco ACI and VMware NSX: How They Can Coexist
- Greater IT Security through Network Virtualization: Why VMware NSX should be apart of your Security Solution
- Network Virtualization and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS): The Right Match for Faster Recoveries
- Getting to the Cloud Faster and More Securely with VMware NSX